Affordable Divorce Lawyers Serving Wood County
Divorce PRO Wisconsin makes it simple to find a divorce lawyer providing professional and personalized legal services for a low flat fee through the practice of limited scope representation. Limited scope representation bridges the know-how gap between representing yourself in court or paying a sizable retainer to have a full-service law firm handle your case for you. To see if you qualify for affordable legal help, please complete our confidential Intake Questionnaire, or contact one of our preferred member law firms serving the people in and around Wood County.
How to File for Divorce in Wood CountyGetting started with your divorce is easier than you think. Wisconsin is a no-fault divorce state, and as such, you need only believe that your marriage is irretrievably broken. If you have resided in the State of Wisconsin for at least six months and have lived in Wood County for at least 30 days, your divorce can be filed in Wood County Circuit Court.
File for Divorce in 7 Steps
- Visit the Wood County Courthouse.
- Decide whether to file jointly (an uncontested divorce) or individually.
- Request a Temporary Hearing if you and your spouse cannot agree on immediate needs.
- Prepare all necessary documents completely and accurately.
- Get a date and time for your Temporary Hearing, if applicable.
- File your action with the Clerk of Courts.
- Get on with your life with confidence with the help of Divorce PRO Wisconsin.
Wood County Family CourtThe Family Court for Wood County is located at the Wood County Courthouse and is presided over by Family Court Commissioner Richard Weymouth.
The Clerk of Circuit Court for Wood County is Cindy Joosten and her office handles all new case filings.
Where to File for Divorce
Wood County Courthouse
400 Market St Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54495 715.421.8490
Wood County Filing FeesAs of 2021, the filing fees for divorce in Wood County are as follows:
|File for divorce with NO request for child support or maintenance||$184.50|
|File for divorce WITH a request for child support or maintenance||$194.50|