Affordable Divorce Lawyers Serving Winnebago County
Divorce attorneys who have joined forces with Divorce PRO Wisconsin offer personalized and affordable legal services for a flat fee through the practice of limited scope representation. Limited scope representation bridges the know-how gap between pro se divorce and the high upfront costs often associated with full-service legal representation. To see if low-cost limited scope representation is right for you, please complete our confidential Intake Questionnaire, or contact one of our preferred member firms serving the people in and around Winnebago County.
How to File for Divorce in Winnebago CountyGetting started with your divorce is easier than you think. Wisconsin is a no-fault divorce state, and as such, you need only believe that your marriage is irretrievably broken. If you have resided in the State of Wisconsin for at least six months and have lived in Winnebago County for at least 30 days, your divorce can be filed in Winnebago County Circuit Court.
File for Divorce in 7 Steps
- Visit the Winnebago County Courthouse.
- Decide whether to file jointly (an uncontested divorce) or individually.
- Request a Temporary Hearing if you and your spouse cannot agree on immediate needs.
- Prepare all necessary documents completely and accurately.
- Get a date and time for your Temporary Hearing, if applicable.
- File your action with the Clerk of Courts.
- Get on with your life with confidence with the help of Divorce PRO Wisconsin.
Winnebago County Family CourtThe Family Court for Winnebago County is located at the Winnebago County Courthouse and is presided over by Family Court Commissioner John Berminham.
The Clerk of Circuit Court for Winnebago County is Melissa Pingel and her office handles all new case filings.
Where to File for Divorce
Winnebago County Courthouse
415 Jackson St Oshkosh, WI 54903 920.236.4848
Winnebago County Filing FeesAs of 2021, the filing fees for divorce in Winnebago County are as follows:
|File for divorce with NO request for child support or maintenance||$184.50|
|File for divorce WITH a request for child support or maintenance||$194.50|