Affordable Divorce Lawyers Serving Pepin County
Divorce PRO Wisconsin makes it simple to find a divorce lawyer providing professional and personalized legal services for a low flat fee through the practice of limited scope representation. Limited scope representation bridges the know-how gap between representing yourself in court or paying a sizable retainer to have a full-service law firm handle your case for you. To see if you qualify for affordable legal help, please complete our confidential Intake Questionnaire, or contact one of our preferred member law firms serving the people in and around Pepin County.
How to File for Divorce in Pepin CountyGetting started with your divorce is easier than you think. Wisconsin is a no-fault divorce state, and as such, you need only believe that your marriage is irretrievably broken. If you have resided in the State of Wisconsin for at least six months and have lived in Pepin County for at least 30 days, your divorce can be filed in Pepin County Circuit Court.
File for Divorce in 7 Steps
- Visit the Pepin County Government Center.
- Decide whether to file jointly (an uncontested divorce) or individually.
- Request a Temporary Hearing if you and your spouse cannot agree on immediate needs.
- Prepare all necessary documents completely and accurately.
- Get a date and time for your Temporary Hearing, if applicable.
- File your action with the Clerk of Courts.
- Get on with your life with confidence with the help of Divorce PRO Wisconsin.
Pepin County Family CourtThe Family Court for Pepin County is located at the Pepin County Government Center and is presided over by Family Court Commissioner Mark Franklin.
The Clerk of Circuit Court for Pepin County is Audrey Lieffring and her office handles all new case filings.
Where to File for Divorce
Pepin County Government Center
740 Seventh Ave W Durand, WI 54736 715.672.8861
Pepin County Filing FeesAs of 2021, the filing fees for divorce in Pepin County are as follows:
|File for divorce with NO request for child support or maintenance||$184.50|
|File for divorce WITH a request for child support or maintenance||$194.50|