Affordable Divorce Lawyers in Janesville
Divorce PRO Wisconsin works with experienced divorce attorneys offering personalized and affordable legal services for a flat fee through the practice of limited scope representation. Limited scope representation bridges the know-how gap between going through a divorce entirely unrepresented or spending thousands to have a full-service law firm handle everything for you. To see if you qualify for low-cost legal help, please complete our confidential Intake Questionnaire, or contact one of our preferred member lawyers serving the people in and around Janesville.
How to File for Divorce in Rock CountyGetting started with your divorce is easier than you think. Wisconsin is a no-fault divorce state, and as such, you need only believe that your marriage is irretrievably broken. If you have resided in the State of Wisconsin for at least six months and have lived in Rock County for at least 30 days, your divorce can be filed in Rock County Circuit Court.
File for Divorce in 7 Steps
- Visit the Rock County Courthouse.
- Decide whether to file jointly (an uncontested divorce) or individually.
- Request a Temporary Hearing if you and your spouse cannot agree on immediate needs.
- Prepare all necessary documents completely and accurately.
- Get a date and time for your Temporary Hearing, if applicable.
- File you action with the Clerk of Courts.
- Get on with your life with confidence with the help of Divorce PRO Wisconsin.
Rock County Family CourtThe Family Court for Rock County is located at the Rock County Courthouse and is presided over by Family Court Commissioner Thomas Kolpien.
The Clerk of Circuit Court for Rock County is Jacki Gackstatter and her office handles all new case filings.
Where to File for Divorce
Rock County Courthouse
51 S Main St Janesville, WI 53545 608.743.2200
Rock County Filing FeesAs of 2021, the filing fees for divorce in Rock County are as follows:
|File for divorce with NO request for child support or maintenance:||$184.50|
|File for divorce WITH a request for child support or maintenance||$194.50|