WORK TOGETHER TO LOWER LAWYER COSTS WITH DIVORCE MEDIATION
HOW TO KEEP YOUR "AMICABLE DIVORCE" AMICABLEAn “amicable divorce” starts with both parties agreeing to work together to resolve their issues reasonably and equitably. If there are children, parties to an amicable divorce are more likely to place their children’s best interests ahead of their own. As with all divorcing parties, there will be disagreements along the way. The difference is the amicable couple will look for ways to resolve their disputes without inflaming their situation, often turning to a highly trained divorce mediator for guidance. Divorce PRO Wisconsin is ahead of the curve in Divorce Mediation, offering full-service FILING TO FINAL HEARING assistance in most cases. Let our experienced pro se divorce advocates keep your “amicable divorce” amicable.
What are the Key Issues in an Amicable Divorce?In Wisconsin, the Family Court will not grant a judgment of divorce until you have fully disclosed to each other all of your income, assets, debts, and liabilities, and the Court will not approve any settlement that fails to address all of the following issues fairly and equitably:
- The amount and duration of spousal support, also known as maintenance or alimony.
- The division of all marital and non-marital assets, including but not limited to personal property, household items, automobiles, life insurance, business interests, retirement accounts, and deposit accounts.
- The division of interests in real estate.
- The reallocation of responsibility for payment toward marital debts and joint liabilities.
- If you have minor children, the legal custody rights of the parents; the allocation of physical placement; the amount of child support; and the allocation of responsibility for health insurance coverage and the payment of uninsured medical/dental expenses.
Request Your Free
Talk to a Divorce PRO and learn how you can do it yourself better and save thousands on lawyer costs. To get started, tell us about you, your case, and your concerns by completing our confidential Intake Questionnaire.
Divorce PRO Wisconsin is on call ...
and always ready to help.
Let Us Help You Help Yourself
Divorce PRO is a client-first support services provider for Do It Yourself divorce in Wisconsin, promoting affordable alternatives to traditional retainer-first legal representation. We are divorce done right, offering a little guidance and a lot of straight answers to pro se parties unable to find the help they need at a reasonable cost. Our team of experienced pro se divorce advocates work here in Wisconsin, we've helped hundreds of clients save thousands in lawyer fees, and we are ready to help you help yourself.