Affordable Divorce Lawyers Serving Pierce County
Divorce attorneys who are members of Divorce PRO Wisconsin promise professional and personalized legal services at affordable flat rates through the practice of limited scope representation. Limited scope representation bridges the know-how gap between do-it-yourself divorce and the substantial upfront fees often associated with hiring a full-service family law firm. To see if you qualify for affordable legal help, please complete our confidential Intake Questionnaire, or contact one of our preferred member lawyers serving the people in and around Pierce County.
How to File for Divorce in Pierce CountyGetting started with your divorce is easier than you think. Wisconsin is a no-fault divorce state, and as such, you need only believe that your marriage is irretrievably broken. If you have resided in the State of Wisconsin for at least six months and have lived in Pierce County for at least 30 days, your divorce can be filed in Pierce County Circuit Court.
File for Divorce in 7 Steps
- Visit the Pierce County Courthouse.
- Decide whether to file jointly (an uncontested divorce) or individually.
- Request a Temporary Hearing if you and your spouse cannot agree on immediate needs.
- Prepare all necessary documents completely and accurately.
- Get a date and time for your Temporary Hearing, if applicable.
- File your action with the Clerk of Courts.
- Get on with your life with confidence with the help of Divorce PRO Wisconsin.
Pierce County Family CourtThe Family Court for Pierce County is located at the Pierce County Courthouse and is presided over by Family Court Commissioner Jorv Gavic.
The Clerk of Circuit Court for Pierce County is Kerry Feuerhelm and her office handles all new case filings.
Where to File for Divorce
Pierce County Courthouse
414 W Main St Ellsworth, WI 54011 715.273.6741
Pierce County Filing FeesAs of 2021, the filing fees for divorce in Pierce County are as follows:
|File for divorce with NO request for child support or maintenance||$184.50|
|File for divorce WITH a request for child support or maintenance||$194.50|