Affordable Divorce Lawyers in Monroe
Independent member attorneys who work with Divorce PRO Wisconsin are committed to providing professional and personalized legal services at affordable flat rates through the practice of limited scope representation. With limited scope representation, you only pay for the lawyer help you need when you need it, a la carte, which can save you thousands in retainer fees. To see if you qualify for low-cost legal help, please complete our confidential Intake Questionnaire, or contact one of our preferred member lawyers serving the people in and around Monroe.
How to File for Divorce in Green CountyGetting started with your divorce is easier than you think. Wisconsin is a no-fault divorce state, and as such, you need only believe that your marriage is irretrievably broken. If you have resided in the State of Wisconsin for at least six months and have lived in Green County for at least 30 days, your divorce can be filed in Green County Circuit Court.
File for Divorce in 7 Steps
- Visit the Green County Justice Center.
- Decide whether to file jointly (an uncontested divorce) or individually.
- Request a Temporary Hearing if you and your spouse cannot agree on immediate needs.
- Prepare all necessary documents completely and accurately.
- Get a date and time for your Temporary Hearing, if applicable.
- File your action with the Clerk of Courts.
- Get on with you life with confidence with the help of Divorce PRO Wisconsin.
Green County Family CourtThe Family Court for Green County is located at the Green County Justice Center and is presided over by Family Court Commissioner R. Scott Jacobson.
The Clerk of Circuit Court for Green County is Barbara Miller and her office handles all new case filings.
Where to File for Divorce
Green County Justice Center
2841 Sixth St Monroe, WI 53566 608.328.9433
Green County Filing FeesAs of 2021, the filing fees for divorce in Green County are as follows:
|File for divorce with NO request for child support or maintenance||$184.50|
|File for divorce WITH a request for child support or maintenance||$194.50|