Affordable Divorce Lawyers in West Bend
The Divorce PRO Wisconsin network includes experienced local divorce attorneys offering personalized and affordable legal services for a flat rate through the practice of limited scope representation. Limited scope representation bridges the know-how gap between doing your own divorce (going pro se) or paying the retainer fee to have a full-service law firm do it for you. To see if you qualify for low-cost legal help, please complete our confidential Intake Questionnaire, or contact one of our preferred member lawyers serving the people in and around West Bend.
How to File for Divorce in Washington CountyGetting started with your divorce is easier than you think. Wisconsin is a no-fault divorce state, and as such, you need only believe that your marriage is irretrievably broken. If you have resided in the State of Wisconsin for at least six months and have lived in Washington County for at least 30 days, your divorce can be filed in Washington County Circuit Court.
File for Divorce in 7 Steps
- Visit the Washington County Justice Center
- Decide whether to file jointly (an uncontested divorce) or individually.
- Request a Temporary Hearing if you and your spouse cannot agree on immediate needs.
- Prepare all necessary documents completely and accurately.
- Get a date and time for your Temporary Hearing, if applicable.
- File your action with the Clerk of Courts.
- Get on with your life with confidence with the help of Divorce PRO Wisconsin.
Washington County Family CourtThe Family Court for Washington County is located at the Washington County Justice Center and is presided over by Family Court Commissioner Dolores Bomrad.
The Clerk of Circuit Court for Washington County is Theresa Russell and her office handles all new case filings.
Where to File for Divorce
Washington County Justice Center
484 Rolfs Ave West Bend, WI 53090 262.335.4341
Washington County Filing FeesAs of 2021, the filing fees for divorce in Washington County are as follows:
|File for divorce with NO request for child support or maintenance||$184.50|
|File for divorce WITH a request for child support or maintenance||$194.50|