Affordable Divorce Lawyers Serving Trempealeau County
Divorce PRO Wisconsin makes it simple to find a divorce lawyer providing professional and personalized legal services for a low flat fee through the practice of limited scope representation. Limited scope representation bridges the know-how gap between representing yourself in court or paying a sizable retainer to have a full-service law firm handle your case for you. To see if you qualify for affordable legal help, please complete our confidential Intake Questionnaire, or contact one of our preferred member law firms serving the people in and around Trempealeau County.
How to File for Divorce in Trempealeau CountyGetting started with your divorce is easier than you think. Wisconsin is a no-fault divorce state, and as such, you need only believe that your marriage is irretrievably broken. If you have resided in the State of Wisconsin for at least six months and have lived in Trempealeau County for at least 30 days, your divorce can be filed in Trempealeau County Circuit Court.
File for Divorce in 7 Steps
- Visit the Trempealeau County Courthouse.
- Decide whether to file jointly (an uncontested divorce) or individually.
- Request a Temporary Hearing if you and your spouse cannot agree on immediate needs.
- Prepare all necessary documents completely and accurately.
- Get a date and time for your Temporary Hearing, if applicable.
- File your action with the Clerk of Courts.
- Get on with your life with confidence with the help of Divorce PRO Wisconsin.
Trempealeau County Family CourtThe Family Court for Trempealeau County is located at the Trempealeau County Courthouse and is presided over by Family Court Commissioner Mark Franklin.
The Clerk of Circuit Court for Trempealeau County is Michelle Weisenberger and her office handles all new case filings.
Where to File for Divorce
Trempealeau County Courthouse
36245 Main St Whitehall, WI 54773 715.538.2311
Trempealeau County Filing FeesAs of 2021, the filing fees for divorce in Trempealeau County are as follows:
|File for divorce with NO request for child support or maintenance||$184.50|
|File for divorce WITH a request for child support or maintenance||$194.50|