Affordable Divorce Lawyers in Sun Prairie
Divorce PRO Wisconsin works with experienced divorce attorneys offering personalized and affordable legal services for a flat fee through the practice of limited scope representation. Limited scope representation bridges the know-how gap between going through a divorce entirely unrepresented or spending thousands to have a full-service law firm handle everything for you. To see if you qualify for low-cost legal help, please complete our confidential Intake Questionnaire, or contact one of our preferred member lawyers serving the people in and around Sun Prairie.
How to File for Divorce in Dane CountyGetting started with your divorce is easier than you think. Wisconsin is a no-fault divorce state, and as such, you need only believe that your marriage is irretrievably broken. If you have resided in the State of Wisconsin for at least six months and have lived in Dane County for at least 30 days, your divorce can be filed in Dane County Circuit Court.
File for Divorce in 7 Steps
- Visit the Dane County Courthouse.
- Decide whether to file jointly (an uncontested divorce) or individually.
- Request a Temporary Hearing if you and your spouse cannot agree on immediate needs.
- Prepare all necessary documents completely and accurately.
- Get a date and time for your Temporary Hearing, if applicable.
- File your action with the Clerk of Courts.
- Get on with your life with confidence with the help of Divorce PRO Wisconsin.
Dane County Family CourtThe Family Court for Dane County is located at the Dane County Courthouse and is presided over by Family Court Commissioner Dan Floeter.
The Clerk of Circuit Court for Dane County is Carlo Esqueda and his office handles all new case filings.
Where to File for Divorce
Dane County Courthouse
215 S Hamilton St Madison, WI 53703 608.266.4311
Dane County Filing FeesAs of 2021, the filing fees for divorce in Dane County are as follows:
|File for divorce with NO request for child support or maintenance||$184.50|
|File for divorce WITH a request for child support or maintenance||$194.50|