Affordable Divorce Lawyers Serving Marquette County
Divorce PRO Wisconsin works with experienced divorce attorneys offering personalized and affordable legal services for a flat fee through the practice of limited scope representation. Limited scope representation bridges the know-how gap between going through a divorce entirely unrepresented or spending thousands to have a full-service law firm handle everything for you. To see if you qualify for low-cost legal help, please complete our confidential Intake Questionnaire, or contact one of our preferred member lawyers serving the people in and around Marquette County.
How to File for Divorce in Marquette CountyGetting started with your divorce is easier than you think. Wisconsin is a no-fault divorce state, and as such, you need only believe that your marriage is irretrievably broken. If you have resided in the State of Wisconsin for at least six months and have lived in Marquette County for at least 30 days, your divorce can be filed in Marquette County Circuit Court.
File for Divorce in 7 Steps
- Visit the Marquette County Courthouse.
- Decide whether to file jointly (an uncontested divorce) or individually.
- Request a Temporary Hearing if you and your spouse cannot agree on immediate needs.
- Prepare all necessary documents completely and accurately.
- Get a date and time for your Temporary Hearing, if applicable.
- File your action with the Clerk of Courts.
- Get on with your life with confidence with the help of Divorce PRO Wisconsin.
Marquette County Family CourtThe Family Court for Marquette County is located at the Marquette County Courthouse and is presided over by Circuit Court Judge Chad Hendee.
The Clerk of Circuit Court for Marquette County is Shari Rudolph and her office handles all new case filings.
Where to File for Divorce
Marquette County Courthouse
77 W Park St Montello, WI 53949 608.297.3100
Marquette County Filing FeesAs of 2021, the filing fees for divorce in Marquette County are as follows:
|File for divorce with NO request for child support or maintenance||$184.50|
|File for divorce WITH a request for child support or maintenance||$194.50|