Affordable Divorce Lawyers Serving Eau Claire County
Divorce attorneys who are members of Divorce PRO Wisconsin promise professional and personalized legal services at affordable flat rates through the practice of limited scope representation. Limited scope representation bridges the know-how gap between do-it-yourself divorce and the substantial upfront fees often associated with hiring a full-service family law firm. To see if you qualify for affordable legal help, please complete our confidential Intake Questionnaire, or contact one of our preferred member lawyers serving the people in and around Eau Claire County.
How to File for Divorce in Eau Claire CountyGetting started with your divorce is easier than you think. Wisconsin is a no-fault divorce state, and as such, you need only believe that your marriage is irretrievably broken. If you have resided in the State of Wisconsin for at least six months and have lived in Eau Claire County for at least 30 days, your divorce can be filed in Eau Claire County Circuit Court.
File for Divorce in 7 Steps
- Visit the Eau Claire County Government Center.
- Decide whether to file jointly (an uncontested divorce) or separately.
- Request a Temporary Hearing if you and your spouse cannot agree on immediate needs.
- Prepare all necessary documents completely and accurately.
- Get a date and time for your Temporary Hearing, if applicable.
- File your action with the Clerk of Courts.
- Get on with your life with confidence with the help of Divorce PRO Wisconsin.
Eau Claire County Family CourtThe Family Court for Eau Claire County is located at the Eau Claire County Government Center and is presided over by Family Court Commissioner Nathan Novak.
The Clerk of Circuit Court for Eau Claire County is Susan Schaffer and her office handles all new case filings.
Where to File for Divorce
Eau Claire County Government Center
721 Oxford Ave Eau Claire, WI 54703 715.839.4817
Eau Claire County Filing FeesAs of 2021, the filing fees for divorce in Eau Claire County are as follows:
|File for divorce with NO request for child support or maintenance||$184.50|
|File for divorce WITH a request for child support or maintenance||$194.50|