Affordable Divorce Lawyers Serving Menominee County
The Divorce PRO Wisconsin network includes experienced local divorce attorneys offering personalized and affordable legal services for a flat rate through the practice of limited scope representation. Limited scope representation bridges the know-how gap between doing your own divorce (going pro se) or paying the retainer fee to have a full-service law firm do it for you. To see if you qualify for low-cost legal help, please complete our confidential Intake Questionnaire, or contact one of our preferred member lawyers serving the people in and around Menominee County.
How to File for Divorce in Menominee CountyGetting started with your divorce is easier than you think. Wisconsin is a no-fault divorce state, and as such, you need only believe that your marriage is irretrievably broken. If you have resided in the State of Wisconsin for at least six months and have lived in Menominee County for at least 30 days, your divorce can be filed in Menominee County Circuit Court.
File for Divorce in 7 Steps
- Visit the Menominee County Courthouse
- Decide whether to file jointly (an uncontested divorce) or individually.
- Request a Temporary Hearing if you and your spouse cannot agree on immediate needs.
- Prepare all necessary documents completely and accurately.
- Get a date and time for your Temporary Hearing, if applicable.
- File your action with the Clerk of Courts.
- Get on with your life with confidence with the help of Divorce PRO Wisconsin.
Menominee County Family CourtThe Family Court for Menominee County is located at the Menominee County Courthouse and is presided over by Circuit Court Judge Katie Sloma.
The Clerk of Circuit Court for Menominee County is Pamela Frechette and her office handles all new case filings.
Where to File for Divorce
Menominee County Courthouse
W3269 Courthouse Ln Keshena, WI 54135 715.799.1322
Menominee County Filing FeesAs of 2021, the filing fees for divorce in Menominee County are as follows:
|File for divorce with NO request for child support or maintenance||$184.50|
|File for divorce WITH a request for child support or maintenance||$194.50|