Affordable Divorce Lawyers Serving Waushara County
The Divorce PRO Wisconsin network includes experienced local divorce attorneys offering personalized and affordable legal services for a flat rate through the practice of limited scope representation. Limited scope representation bridges the know-how gap between doing your own divorce (going pro se) or paying the retainer fee to have a full-service law firm do it for you. To see if you qualify for low-cost legal help, please complete our confidential Intake Questionnaire, or contact one of our preferred member lawyers serving the people in and around Waushara County.
How to File for Divorce in Waushara CountyGetting started with your divorce is easier than you think. Wisconsin is a no-fault divorce state, and as such, you need only believe that your marriage is irretrievably broken. If you have resided in the State of Wisconsin for at least six months and have lived in Waushara County for at least 30 days, your divorce can be filed in Waushara County Circuit Court.
File for Divorce in 7 Steps
- Visit the Waushara County Courthouse.
- Decide whether to file jointly (an uncontested divorce) or individually.
- Request a Temporary Hearing if you and your spouse cannot agree on immediate needs.
- Prepare all necessary documents completely and accurately.
- Get a date and time for your Temporary Hearing, if applicable.
- File your action with the Clerk of Courts.
- Get on with your life with confidence with the help of Divorce PRO Wisconsin.
Waushara County Family CourtThe Family Court for Waushara is located at the Waushara County Courthouse and is presided over by Family Court Commissioner Marc Bickford.
The Clerk of Circuit Court for Waushara County is Melissa Zamzow and her office handles all new case filings.
Where to File for Divorce
Waushara County Courthouse
209 S Saint Marie St Wautoma, WI 54982 920.787.0441
Waushara County Filing FeesAs of 2021, the filing fees for divorce in Waushara County are as follows:
|File for divorce with NO request for child support or maintenance||$184.50|
|File for divorce WITH a request for child support or maintenance||$194.50|