Affordable Divorce Lawyers in Sturgeon Bay
Independent member attorneys who work with Divorce PRO Wisconsin are committed to providing professional and personalized legal services at affordable flat rates through the practice of limited scope representation. With limited scope representation, you only pay for the lawyer help you need when you need it, a la carte, which can save you thousands in retainer fees. To see if you qualify for low-cost legal help, please complete our confidential Intake Questionnaire, or contact one of our preferred member lawyers serving the people in and around Sturgeon Bay.
How to File for Divorce in Door CountyGetting started with your divorce is easier than you think. Wisconsin is a no-fault divorce state, and as such, you need only believe that your marriage is irretrievably broken. If you have resided in the State of Wisconsin for at least six months and have lived in Door County for at least 30 days, your divorce can be filed in Door County Circuit Court.
File for Divorce in 7 Steps
- Visit the Door County Justice Center.
- Decide whether to file jointly (an uncontested divorce) or individually.
- Request a Temporary Hearing if you and your spouse cannot agree on immediate issues.
- Prepare all necessary documents completely and accurately.
- Get a date and time for your Temporary Hearing, if applicable.
- File your action with the Clerk of Courts.
- Get on with your life with confidence with the help of Divorce PRO Wisconsin.
Door County Family CourtThe Family Court for Clark County is located at the Door County Justice Center and is presided over by Family Court Commissioner Jennifer Moeller.
The Clerk of Circuit Court for Door County is Connie DeFere and her office handles all new case filings.
Where to File for Divorce
Door County Justice Center
1205 S Duluth Ave Sturgeon Bay, WI 54235 920.746.2205
Door County Filing FeesAs of 2021, the filing fees for divorce in Door County are as follows:
|File for divorce with NO request for child support or maintenance||$184.50|
|File for divorce WITH a request for child support or maintenance||$194.50|