Real Help. Real Affordable.
How to File for Divorce in Eau Claire or Chippewa CountyWisconsin is a no-fault divorce state, and as such, you need only believe that your marriage is irretrievably broken. If you have resided in the State of Wisconsin for at least six months and have lived in Eau Claire County for at least 30 days, your divorce can be filed in Eau Claire County Circuit Court. If you are an Eau Claire resident outside of Eau Claire County, please visit our Chippewa County page for filing information specific to your locale.
GET STARTED IN FIVE EASY STEPS
- Complete our confidential Intake Questionnaire.
- Decide whether to file jointly (an uncontested divorce) or individually.
- Let one of our pro se divorce advocates prepare your documents completely and accurately.
- File online from anywhere with our simple, easy-to-follow eFiling instructions.
- Get on with your life with confidence with Divorce PRO Wisconsin.
Eau Claire County Family CourtThe Family Court is located at the Eau Claire County Government Center and is presided over by Court Commissioner Nathan Novak.
The Clerk of Circuit Court for Eau Claire County is Susan Schaffer and her office handles all new case filings.
Where to File for Divorce
Eau Claire County Government Center
721 Oxford Ave Eau Claire, WI 54703 715.839.4816
Eau Claire County Filing FeesAs of 2022, the filing fees for divorce in Eau Claire County are as follows:
|File for divorce with NO request for child support or maintenance||$184.50|
|File for divorce WITH a request for child support or maintenance||$194.50|